Sunday, September 13, 2009

My take on cinema

I am a movie freak. It is one of my best ways to kill time... even if it means watching a flick over n over again...(I have Troy & Pirates of the Caribbean on my laptop n I must have seen them over 20 times cuz they are my favs). Some others that I can quickly think of are... Forrest Gump, The Godfather, The Departed, A Few Good Men, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Notting Hill etc.

For quite a while now, I have been watching offbeat Indian cinema, clichéd as the ones made exclusively for the ‘multiplex’ audiences. These movies are somewhat better off than the regular masala flicks, not to mention the intensity of the actors which makes me come to the point- actors like Shahrukh Khan, Saif, Salman (the entire Khan clan except Aamir) are grossly over rated and over hyped....So dear Khan(s), the way I see it, you are successful only because you were destined to be & certainly not because you are exceptionally good on screen.

It is evident that you guys do not, infact, can never match the acting prowess or the brilliance of a KK Menon or an Irrfan Khan.... My point is further justified by the fact that none of these guys have won National Awards as yet. I feel other mainstream actors like Ajay Devgan (Company & Legend of Bhagat Singh I thought were his best performances) & Sanjay Dutt (fantastic in Vaastav) are far better.

I can hardly remember the last time I went to a theatre to watch a khan movie. Its best to catch them on some movie channel a few weeks later, absolutely foc!!!

1 comment: